5000+ Important General Knowledge One Liner In English Set-17
Important General Knowledge One Liner In English section is a very important section to be asked in competitive exams, so to strengthen your preparation, we bring here 5000+ General Knowledge related questions. You should remember all these questions carefully.
Part – 17
1. Which act made the Indian Legislature bicameral?
Answer : Government of India Act, 1919
2. By which a mixture of sand and naphthalene can be separated?
Answer : Sublimation
3. The ‘Uruguay Round’ negotiations resulted in the establishment of which organization?
Answer : WTO
4. Durand line is the border common to which two countries?
Answer : Pakistan and Afghanistan
5. Who stated that there was no slavery in India ?
Answer : Megasthenes
6. Which flim was made by Satyajit Ray for Children?
Answer : Sonar Killa
7. Which part of human brain is the regulating centre for swallowing and vomating?
Answer : Medulla oblangata
8. What is the duration of proclamation of Financial Emergency?
Answer : At the first instance two months
9. Which set of countries are completely surrounded by land?
Answer : Mongolia, Zambia, Bolivia
10. Which ruler had granted Diwani to the East India company?
Answer : Shah Alam II
11. By which Radio waves of constant amplitude can be generated?
Answer : Oscillator
12. When is International Day of Peace, recognized by the UN is observed?
Answer : September 21
13. In which year was ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana’ launched?
Answer : 2005
14. Where is the southernmost point of India located?
Answer : Great Nicobar
15. Which factory in Bengal, the was established by the Portuguese?
Answer : Hoogly
16. Which is used to know the development of foetus in uterus?
Answer : Ultrasound
17. During the proclamation of National Emergency which articles can not be suspended?
Answer : Articles 20 and 21
18. Which oil is used in the floatation method for the purification of ores?
Answer : Pine oil
19. What is the name of the group of languages spoken by the largest number of people in India?