5000+ Most Important General Knowledge One Liner In English Part-14
5000+ Most Important General Knowledge One Liner In English
Important GK One Liner In English section is a very important section to be asked in competitive exams, so to strengthen your preparation, we bring here 5000+ General Knowledge related questions. You should remember all these questions carefully.
Part – 14
1. Why was the Panchayati Raj System adopted?
Answer : Decentralise the power of democracy
2. In colourful diamond, Why are different colours present?
Answer : Due to impurities
3. From the view of International economy, What does third World imply?
Answer : The developing countries
4. Which is a land-locked country?
Answer : Zimbabwe
5. The ruler of which State was removed from power by the British on the pretext of misgovernance ?
Answer : Awadh
6. With which field was Satyajit Ray associated?
Answer : Direction of films
7. Which plant is referred to as a living fossil?
Answer : Gingko
8. How long did the Constituent Assembly take to finally pass the Constitution?
Answer : About 3 years since Dec 9, 1946
9. What is the country through which both Equator and Tropic of Capricorn pass?
Answer : Brazil
10. From where did the Quit India Movement start?
Answer : Bombay on Aug.
11. Which physical quantities have the same dimensions?
Answer : Momentum and impulse
12. In which year did UN establish the UN Conference on Trade and Development?
Answer : 1964
13. Which Committee was formed to suggest means for eradicating black money?
Answer : Cheiliah Committee
14. The Karakoram Highway connects which pairs of countries?
Answer : China-Pakistan
15. Which Indian revolutionary helped Subhash Chandra Bose in raising ‘Indian National Army’ ?
Answer : Rasbehari Bose
16. Which crop would be preferred for sowing in order to enrich the soil with nitrogen?
Answer : Gram
17. Who was the President of the Constituent Assembly?
Answer : Dr. Rajendra Prasad
18. What is the number of unpaired electrons in carbon atom?
Answer : 2
19. Which latitude passes through India?
Answer : Tropic of Cancer
20. Who propounded that ‘destiny determines everything, man is powerless?